Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, June 20, 2009

The weekend once again

Well, I reallly thought that I would be updating a bit more frequently, but I hadn't really gotten around to it, I'm afraid.

This past week was a good one, though. I ran at work on Tuesday, Thursday and yesterday doing 2.5 miles Tuesday, 3.0 miles on Thursday and a 5K (3.1 miles) yesterday. The 5K took me 46 minutes, so not fast by any means, but I did it and that's the important part I think.

I do still have a ways to go - it's a far cry from 3.1 miles to 13.1, but I do still have a while to prepare. I just cannot have my 2 younger sisters showing me up come December, so I will stick to it and make it happen one way or another. Of course, at that point I will be in a totally different age bracket since I'll be past the bit 4-0, but still. They will both be in that 35-39 year old grouping and I'll be up with the older ladies in the 40-44.

Fundraising is going pretty well. I mailed out about 150 letters and pledge sheets to doctors and dentists in my area this week, so hoping for at least a 50% response rate. That would be nice. And even if everyone only did a $20 or $25 pledge, that would be pretty awesome! Of course, I wouldn't be upset by either a higher percentage response or a higher average pledge.

I have been experiencing the blisters along the side of my feet again, but trying out some new socks and shoe tying techniques that seem to be helping. I keep having an issue with the same spot where I had a HUGE blister following the Shamrock 1/2 Marathon a couple years ago. I've tried changing the shoes, changing the socks, different blister band-aids, blister proof socks, and Vaseline on the feet...so hopefully some combination of those will help.

So, all in all, it's been a good couple of weeks so far.

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Good luck with the blisters. I never had problems as a runner, but walking is another story. Nothing has helped, so I'll be following to see if you happen upon a solution that works for me too.