Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Progress - not much, but a little...

So, today is when I decided to get started...I need to get ready and work up to where I want to be when the official 'training' starts in the middle of August.

I started out slowly - 3 miles - running but a lot of walking thrown in there as well. It took about 45 minutes, but that's not bad considering I haven't run in AGES! Actually, since starting to knit just over 3 years ago, I haven't run that much at all. Knitting took the place of running, so the knitting time might get cut into just a bit. I know that I'm going to have to increase the time and distance and I get closer to the 1/2 Marathon in December.

But all in all, a good first effort...and the goal is to do the same thing tomorrow. The only problem that I see at the moment would be - the route that I did today and will do tomorrow - I don't think that it will be a good one to tackle early in the morning, before daylight, for a female running alone...so I might have to re-think that one just a bit.

I can always run at lunch at work if necessary...so that might be something to consider for during the week. We'll just play that by ear for now...

So Day 1 is behind me and Day 2 will be here sooner rather than later...

I'm training for a 1/2 Marathon (13.1 miles) in Las Vegas in December 2009 to raise money for Chron's and Colitis Research!
Even though both my sister Melissa and I have been diagnosed with Chron's, she is truly my inspiration.

My webpage is:
http://www.active.com/donate/lv09national/monetwhitson

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Congrats! Good luck with a morning route.